What happens if I miss a dose of Effexor XR?

To get the most benefit from the antidepressant Effexor XR, try to take every dose on time. If a dose is missed, take it as soon as you remember it unless it is almost time for the next scheduled dose. In that case, skip the dose you missed. Never double dose.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
Should I keep taking antidepressants after I start feeling better?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
If you’re taking antidepressant medications, continue to do so even when you feel that the depre...
How can I help prevent weight gain from antidepressant medication?
Brooke RandolphBrooke Randolph
If you find yourself troubled by weight gain as a side effect of antidepressant medication, ther...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?