How can I tell if I am experiencing serotonin syndrome from taking Pristiq?

You need serotonin for your nerve cells and brain to function properly. You may have too much serotonin if you develop any of the following symptoms of serotonin syndrome:

• diarrhea
  • rigid muscle
  • shivering
  • fever
  • seizures

These symptoms should go away within a day after you stop taking Pristiq. Talk to your doctor about your symptoms before you stop taking the medicine.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How is doxepin used to treat insomnia?
Doxepin is a drug usually used to treat depression. The version for treating insomnia (Silenor) is a...
How does Doxepin interact with other medications?
If you have taken an MAO inhibitor in the past 2 weeks, you should not take doxepin due to possible ...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?