How can I tell if I have taken too much nortriptyline?

You may have taken too much nortriptyline if your heartbeat and body temperature change, you start vomiting, or seeing things that are not there. Call your doctor if you experience these changes, or any of the following symptoms:

• wide pupils
• drowsiness
• confusion
• fever
• stiff muscles
• seizures
• loss of consciousness for a long time

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
Why should I see my doctor regularly if I'm taking antidepressants?
Dr. Daniel G. Amen, MDDr. Daniel G. Amen, MD
If you are taking antidepressants, it's important to see your doctor every couple of weeks when firs...
How can antidepressants help a smoker quit?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
When used for smoking, these medications are not expected to change your emotions. While you are ...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?