How can I tell if I am allergic to Pristiq?

You may be experiencing an allergic reaction to Pristiq if you develop any of the following signs:
  • swelling
  • skin rash
  • hives
  • difficulty breathing
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these allergic responses. He or she may decrease your dose, or take you off the medication entirely and recommend an alternative treatment.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What should I know before taking doxepin?
It is not known if doxepin is safe or effective for children and teens under 18 years of age.  If y...
Can antidepressants cause bone loss?
David Slovik, MDDavid Slovik, MD
Evidence is growing that serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), a popular class of antidepressan...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?