How should I take Paxil CR?

Take the antidepressant Paxil CR (paroxetine) exactly as your doctor instructs you to. Do not take more or less, or take it more or less frequently than recommended. Try to take it at the same time every day. Do not crush or chew Paxil CR tablets; they are meant to be swallowed whole. Do not take a Paxil CR tablet that is cracked or chipped. Do not stop taking Paxil CR without talking to your doctor first, because stopping the medicine abruptly may cause a worsening of your symptoms or other side effects.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
Why should I see my doctor regularly if I'm taking antidepressants?
Dr. Daniel G. Amen, MDDr. Daniel G. Amen, MD
If you are taking antidepressants, it's important to see your doctor every couple of weeks when firs...
How can antidepressants help with weight loss?
Craig B. Primack, MDCraig B. Primack, MD
Antidepressants are confusing when it comes to weight loss. Some of them have been shown to increase...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?