How soon after starting Viibryd will my symptoms improve?

Some of your symptoms may improve shortly after starting the antidepressant Viibryd (vilazodone), but depression relief will take several more weeks.

For instance, in one to two weeks you may start sleeping better, feel your appetite returning and have more energy.

It may take four to six weeks of treatment with Viibryd for your mood to improve and for you to be interested again in activities that you once enjoyed.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What are side effects of antidepressants?
Dr. John Preston, PsyDDr. John Preston, PsyD
Side effects of antidepressants include the following: Common side effects: These include nausea an...
How can I help prevent weight gain from antidepressant medication?
Brooke RandolphBrooke Randolph
If you find yourself troubled by weight gain as a side effect of antidepressant medication, ther...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?