How soon after starting Paxil CR will my symptoms improve?

You may need to take Paxil CR (paroxetine) for about a month to six weeks before you notice improvements in your symptoms. Paxil belongs to a category of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, or SSRIs, which treat depression by adjusting the level of the chemical serotonin in your brain. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter involved in regulating your moods, appetite and sleep.

Paxil CR is approved for treating adults who are experiencing major depressive disorder (MDD), social anxiety disorder, panic disorder, or premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD). Your doctor may start you at a low dose of Paxil CR and monitor you closely to see how you respond to the drug, adjusting your dose if necessary.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
Should I Take Antidepressants If I Smoke?