How soon after starting Luvox will my symptoms improve?

It may take several weeks of treatment with Luvox (fluvoxamine) before you notice improvement in your symptoms. Luvox is one of a number of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), which work by adjusting the level of the chemical serotonin in the brain. Luvox is prescribed to treat obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) in adults and children ages 8 to 17.

You may need to take Luvox for 10 to 12 weeks before you notice improvement in your symptoms. In studies of people with OCD, two-thirds of adults and three-quarters of children who took Luvox for 10 weeks noticed improvement in their symptoms.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Should my child take antidepressants for their eating disorder?
Antidepressants have only been shown to be effective in treating depression associated with eating d...
How effective is antidepressant medication?
Michael D. Banov, MDMichael D. Banov, MD
Most healthcare professionals would agree that treating depression is not as simple as popping a pil...
What should I know before taking duloxetine?
Your doctor will need to measure your blood pressure before starting treatment. If you take duloxet...
How is duloxetine used to treat osteoarthritis?
Duloxetine (Cymbalta) is a drug that was developed to treat depression. It is also FDA-approved to t...