How soon after starting Luvox will my child's symptoms improve?

Your child should notice an improvement in symptoms within 10 to 12 weeks of beginning treatment with Luvox (fluvoxamine), a drug prescribed to treat obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) in children ages 8 to 17. Luvox treats OCD by adjusting the level of the chemical serotonin in the brain. In studies, about three-quarters of children who took Luvox noticed improvement in their OCD symptoms. Talk to your child's doctor for more information about Luvox and treating OCD.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What are the side effects of amitriptyline?
Side effects may include drowsiness, agitation, dry mouth, blurred vision, urinary problems, constip...
What should I know about nortriptyline before taking it?
Nortriptyline may increase the risk of suicide in children and adolescents. If you have a seizure d...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?