How soon after taking nortriptyline will my symptoms improve?

Your depression symptoms might not improve until you have been taking nortriptyline for several weeks, so continue taking the medication even if you feel the same. Do not stop taking the medication even when you feel better. You should not stop taking nortriptyline unless directed to do so by your doctor. Your doctor may monitor you or order tests to determine whether or not nortriptyline is an effective treatment for you. Make sure to keep all doctor's appointments in order to increase your chances of improvement.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
Can I have a good sex life if I'm on antidepressants?
Jan L. Shifren, MDJan L. Shifren, MD
You don't need to sacrifice your sex life in order to treat depression. Some newer antidepressan...
What are possible side effects of tricyclic antidepressants?
Side effects may include dry mucous membranes, blurred vision, constipation, and trouble urinating. ...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?