How should I take mirtazapine?

Mirtazapine comes in two forms - a tablet and disintegrating tablet. When taking the traditional tablet, simply swallow, with or without food. If you are taking the disintegrating tablet, place it on top of your tongue and allow it to dissolve (no water is necessary). Always follow your doctor's dosing instructions.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What are disadvantages of antidepressants for bipolar disorder treatment?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
It cannot be stressed enough that the use of antidepressants in bipolar I can provoke manic episodes...
How common is taking antidepressants?
Anthony CirilloAnthony Cirillo
Duke University and the University of Arizona periodically conduct a survey on friendship. In their ...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?