How should I take Cymbalta?

You can take Cymbalta with or without food. You should swallow it whole and never crush, break, or open capsules to pour into a liquid or sprinkle on food.  Do not take more or less of this medication or take it for a longer time than prescribed by your doctor.  If you have taken Cymbalta for a long period of time, it should not be discontinued abruptly.  You must gradually reduce the dose. 

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
Is it safe to take antidepressants during pregnancy?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Most experts agree that some new-generation antidepressants (e.g., Prozac, Zoloft, Effexor, Well...
How should I take antidepressants if I have bipolar disorder?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
Most guidelines recommend an antidepressant only if in combination with a mood stabilizer (e.g. lith...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?