How should I store Tofranil?

It’s critical to store the antidepressant drug Tofranil (imipramine) well out of the reach of children. An overdose can be life threatening. Beyond that, keep the drug in its original container, tightly closed, at room temperature. Avoid keeping it in the bathroom where it can be exposed to excess heat and moisture.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
Why might my antidepressant not work?
Dr. Pina LoGiudice, LAc, NDDr. Pina LoGiudice, LAc, ND
As one of the most well prescribed types of drug of all time, over 160 million antidepressant pr...
What should I know before taking tricyclic antidepressants?
Some tricyclic antidepressants may not be safe or effective for children and adolescents. Consult in...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?