How should I take Lexapro (escitalopram)?

Lexapro should be taken once a day, either in the morning or evening, as advised by your doctor. Do not skip doses. You can take this medication with or without food. Unless your doctor has prescribed a different diet, you can eat the way you did before taking Lexapro. When using the liquid form of this medication, be sure to shake the bottle before using and measure the dose carefully.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How often should I take antidepressants for perimenopausal rage?
Marcy Holmes, MSN, NPMarcy Holmes, MSN, NP
There are various types and doses of antidepressants available by prescription from medical health-c...
What are disadvantages of antidepressants for bipolar disorder in dementia?
Sarah N. Mourra, MDSarah N. Mourra, MD
Starting antidepressants in individuals with dementia and depression who may have an underlying bipo...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?