How can I prevent suicidal behavior in my child taking Pristiq?

You can try to prevent suicidal behavior in your child taking Pristiq by watching for changes in their mood and behavior. These changes may be more obvious when your child first takes Pristiq or changes doses. Report any dramatic changes in behavior or mood to your child's doctor. Schedule and keep regular appointments with your child's doctor to monitor their progress and response to the medication.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What are the different types of antidepressants?
Michael D. Banov, MDMichael D. Banov, MD
There are many antidepressants on the market today. Why do we need so many different medications to ...
What are symptoms of withdrawal from antidepressants?
Antidepressants technically do not cause withdrawal symptoms. The term withdrawal is associated with...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?