How can I minimize the side effects of Tofranil?

You can reduce your risk of side effects from the antidepressant Tofranil (imipramine) by following your doctor’s instructions exactly and by taking no more or no less than of the drug than he prescribes. Also make sure your doctor knows about all other medications, as well as supplements, you take to avoid potential drug interactions. And finally, don’t stop taking Tofranil suddenly -- speak to your doctor first.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How does nortriptyline interact with other medications or foods?
If you are taking linezolid, you should not take nortriptyline. Do not use nortriptyline if you are...
What should I know before taking tricyclic antidepressants?
Some tricyclic antidepressants may not be safe or effective for children and adolescents. Consult in...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?