How can I minimize the side effects of Parnate?

You may be able to relieve some side effects of the antidepressant Parnate (tranylcypromine) by taking a lower dose. Your doctor may also recommend additional medications that counteract the side effects. If you feel dizzy or faint when you stand up, try to shift your position slowly, especially if you've been sitting or lying down for a while. Steer clear of alcohol while taking Parnate because it can increase any drowsiness you're feeling. Talk to your doctor about other strategies for reducing side effects.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
Should my child take antidepressants for their eating disorder?
Antidepressants have only been shown to be effective in treating depression associated with eating d...
How effective is antidepressant medication?
Michael D. Banov, MDMichael D. Banov, MD
Most healthcare professionals would agree that treating depression is not as simple as popping a pil...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?