How can I minimize the risk of side effects from Tofranil in my child?

You can minimize your child’s risk of side effects from the antidepressant Tofranil (imipramine) by following your doctor’s instructions exactly and giving no more or no less than prescribed. Also, to avoid potential drug interactions, make sure the doctor knows about all other medications and supplements your child is taking. And finally, it’s crucial to keep Tofranil stored out of reach, because an overdose can be fatal for a child.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
Should I take antidepressants if I smoke?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
Smokers who take antidepressants often have a lower risk of heart attacks. In this video, Dr. Ro...
Can teens take antidepressants for bipolar disorder?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
The use of antidepressants in the treatment of bipolar disorder is fraught with problems. There is g...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?