How can I manage side effects of desvenlafaxine?

You can manage the side effects of the antidepressant desvenlafaxine (Pristiq) by taking it as directed. Do not take more of this medication than your doctor prescribes, and don't take it more often than prescribed. Try to take your desvenlafaxine at the same time each day. If you develop side effects from desvenlafaxine, let your doctor know right away; don't stop taking the drug cold turkey. This could lead to withdrawal symptoms.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What are disadvantages of antidepressants for bipolar disorder treatment?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
It cannot be stressed enough that the use of antidepressants in bipolar I can provoke manic episodes...
How is duloxetine used to treat osteoarthritis?
Duloxetine (Cymbalta) is a drug that was developed to treat depression. It is also FDA-approved to t...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?