How long will my child need to take Tofranil?

How long your child needs to take Tofranil (imipramine) can vary. Ask your doctor what is appropriate for your son or daughter. However, do not suddenly stop giving Tofranil to your child without first talking to the doctor.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How can I help prevent weight gain from antidepressant medication?
Brooke RandolphBrooke Randolph
If you find yourself troubled by weight gain as a side effect of antidepressant medication, ther...
What is nortriptyline?
Nortriptyline (Pamelor) is an antidepressant that can help people quit smoking. But it has not been ...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?