How is desvenlafaxine (Pristiq) formulated?

Desvenlafaxine (Pristiq) comes in an extended release (long-acting) tablet, so it only needs to be taken by mouth once daily. Do not split, chew or crush the tablet. It may take several weeks for it to work, so don't stop the medication. Talk to your doctor about any side effects you experience.  

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How effective is nortriptyline for quitting smoking?
Studies show nortriptyline is about as effective as bupropion or nicotine replacement therapy, but n...
Why should I see my doctor regularly if I'm taking antidepressants?
Dr. Daniel G. Amen, MDDr. Daniel G. Amen, MD
If you are taking antidepressants, it's important to see your doctor every couple of weeks when firs...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?