How does Effexor XR affect the body?

Effexor XR works by increasing the levels of two different chemicals (the neurotransmitters called serotonin and norepinephrine) that naturally occur in the brain. It inhibits the brain's reabsorption of these neurotransmitters, so the levels of serotonin and norepinephrine in the brain are higher.

Researchers believe the increased levels of neurotransmitters help the nerves transmit impulses more effectively, which lifts mood and eases depression. Effexor XR is used to treat the symptoms of depression or certain anxiety disorders..

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Should I Take Antidepressants If I Smoke?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?