How do I take amoxapine?

Amoxapine (Asendin) pills are swallowed, usually one or more times a day, depending on your dose. If you take amoxapine just once a day, take it at bedtime. Try to take amoxapine at the same time every day. Amoxapine may be taken with food if stomach upset occurs. 

It may take several weeks or longer for you to feel the full effects of amoxapine. Keep taking amoxapine even if you feel okay. Do not stop taking amoxapine without talking to your doctor. Your doctor will likely decrease your dose gradually. Never increase or decrease the dose or times that you take amoxapine without first talking to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How does Doxepin interact with other medications?
If you have taken an MAO inhibitor in the past 2 weeks, you should not take doxepin due to possible ...
What should I know before taking tricyclic antidepressants?
Some tricyclic antidepressants may not be safe or effective for children and adolescents. Consult in...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?