How do I take Nefazodone?

You should take nefazodone exactly as directed by your doctor. Typically, this will be the lowest dose to start: 100 mg. twice a day. The doctor can then increase and decrease the dose as needed. It is taken by mouth, with or without food.

It is not unusual for the patient to take a few weeks to feel the results. Keep taking nefazodone according to your doctor's prescription. If you need to stop taking it for any reason, your doctor will want to taper your dose slowly over a period of time. Do not stop suddenly without the advice of your doctor because you may experience uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
Why might my antidepressant not work?
Michael D. Banov, MDMichael D. Banov, MD
All depressions are not the same. This may explain why some antidepressants work better in some peop...
How does duloxetine interact with other medications?
If you are taking... A 5-HT3 receptor antagonist, metaxalone, metoclopramide, paroxetine, a selec...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?