How can desipramine help my child?

Doctors often hesitate to prescribe desipramine to a child; nonetheless, it has been proven to treat several symptoms in children. The childhood conditions and illnesses that desipramine treats include: anxiety, depression, bedwetting, eating disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder, chronic pain, migraines and panic attacks.

Even though desipramine treats depression, it is common to have thoughts of suicide in the first few weeks of treatment. This is especially true in children, teens and young adults under 24 years of age. For this reason, you should schedule regular doctor visits during the first few weeks of treatment.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
Should I Take Antidepressants If I Smoke?