How common is taking antidepressants?

Anthony Cirillo
Geriatric Medicine
Duke University and the University of Arizona periodically conduct a survey on friendship. In their latest they found that Americans say they just have two close friends and that was down from three the last time the study was conducted. One in four people say they have no one to confide in. That is sad. But it explains why the Centers for Disease Control report that antidepressants have become the most commonly prescribed drug in the nation, even more than blood pressure and asthma drugs. Critics worry that doctors are simply medicating unhappiness when people actually need to make life changes.
Who Moved My Dentures? 13 False (Teeth) Truths About Long-Term Care and Aging in America

Who Moved My Dentures dispels 13 different myths about long-term care and aging in America as told through human interest stories of people the author has met through his work as a healthcare...

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How does Doxepin interact with other medications?
If you have taken an MAO inhibitor in the past 2 weeks, you should not take doxepin due to possible ...
How should I take antidepressants if I have bipolar disorder?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
Most guidelines recommend an antidepressant only if in combination with a mood stabilizer (e.g. lith...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?