What forms of protriptyline are available?

Currently, the only form of protriptyline that is available is a tablet called protriptyline hydrochloride. If you find that taking the tablet makes you feel sick to your stomach, try taking it with food -- that may help. If you have difficulty with swallowing pills, talk with your doctor. He or she may be able to offer some ways to make it easier to take this drug. If you continue having problems, you may need to switch to a different type of medicine.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What should I know before taking duloxetine?
Your doctor will need to measure your blood pressure before starting treatment. If you take duloxet...
What should I know before taking serotonin reuptake inhibitors?
If you take an SRI, you should avoid alcohol. It is not known if all SRIs are safe or effective for...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?