Is fluvoxamine called by any other names?

Fluvoxamine extended-release capsules are sold under brand name only. Jazz Pharmaceuticals markets the long-lasting capsules as Luvox CR in 100 milligram (mg.) and 150 mg. concentrations. The tablets have a brand name of Luvox but they are only available in the United States in the generic form.

Many companies have permission to sell the tablets under the generic name fluvoxamine maleate. The tablets are available in stregnths of in 25-, 50- and 100-mg. tablets.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
Can I have a good sex life if I'm on antidepressants?
Jan L. Shifren, MDJan L. Shifren, MD
You don't need to sacrifice your sex life in order to treat depression. Some newer antidepressan...
How is duloxetine used to treat osteoarthritis?
Duloxetine (Cymbalta) is a drug that was developed to treat depression. It is also FDA-approved to t...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?