What should I do if I miss a dose of nefazodone?

Nefazodone (Serzone) is an antidepressant used to treat major depressive disorder. It works best when taken as prescribed, every day.

If you miss a dose of nefazodone take it as soon as you remember. If it is very close to the time you are expected to take the next dose, skip the missed one and continue with your regular schedule. Don't take two doses at once.

It is not unusual for the patient to take a few weeks to feel the results. Keep taking nefazodone according to your doctor's prescription. If you need to stop taking it for any reason, your doctor will want to taper your dose slowly over a period of time. Do not stop suddenly without the advice of your doctor because you may experience uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
Should I take antidepressants if I smoke?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
Smokers who take antidepressants often have a lower risk of heart attacks. In this video, Dr. Ro...
What is nortriptyline?
Nortriptyline (Pamelor) is an antidepressant that can help people quit smoking. But it has not been ...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?