Do I have to watch for changes in my child taking Pristiq?

If your child is taking Pristiq, you should watch them carefully for changes in their mood and behavior. The Food and Drug Administration recommends that your child visit his or her doctor once a week during the first month of treatment and every two weeks during the second month. You should schedule a follow-up visit after three months of treatment. Talk to your child's doctor about additional changes to watch for, and how to monitor your child while they are taking Pristiq.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
Can antidepressants treat gastrointestinal (GI) disorders?
Lawrence S. Friedman, MDLawrence S. Friedman, MD
If either anxiety or depression appears to be a factor in a functional gastrointestinal (GI) disorde...
How safe are sedating antidepressants for people with dementia?
Sarah N. Mourra, MDSarah N. Mourra, MD
Oftentimes, doctors will use sedating antidepressants for sleep issues in people with dementia. A ve...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?