Do I have to watch for changes in my child taking Pristiq?

If your child is taking Pristiq, you should watch them carefully for changes in their mood and behavior. The Food and Drug Administration recommends that your child visit his or her doctor once a week during the first month of treatment and every two weeks during the second month. You should schedule a follow-up visit after three months of treatment. Talk to your child's doctor about additional changes to watch for, and how to monitor your child while they are taking Pristiq.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How often should I take antidepressants for perimenopausal rage?
Marcy Holmes, MSN, NPMarcy Holmes, MSN, NP
There are various types and doses of antidepressants available by prescription from medical health-c...
Can tricyclic antidepressants help prevent migraine headaches?
The tricyclic antidepressants amitriptyline and nortriptyline (Pamelor) are 2 of the most effective ...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?