Is citalopram used for any other conditions?

Citalopram is primarily used as an antidepressant, so any other use for it is considered an "off-label use." Some doctors prescribe citalopram for use during menopause to ease the discomfort of hot flashes.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
Why should I see my doctor regularly if I'm taking antidepressants?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
If medication for depression is necessary, expect to have regular appointments with the physicia...
What should I know before taking tricyclic antidepressants?
Some tricyclic antidepressants may not be safe or effective for children and adolescents. Consult in...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?