Can my child take Pristiq?

Your child should not take Pristiq until you talk to his or her doctor. The safety and effectiveness of this medicine has not yet been determined in children. Talk to your doctor about whether Pristiq is appropriate for your child based on their age and condition. He or she can help you make an informed decision to meet your child's mental health needs.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How effective are antidepressants for treating hot flashes?
The effectiveness of antidepressants for treating hot flashes is variable. Some women experience com...
What should I know before taking doxepin?
It is not known if doxepin is safe or effective for children and teens under 18 years of age.  If y...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?