Can I take Pristiq if I have had seizures?

If you have a history of seizures, you should talk to your doctor before taking Pristiq. Studies have not included patients with seizure disorders, so it is unknown how you may respond. You and your doctor can make an informed decision by evaluating your risks and weighing them against the benefits of taking Pristiq.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How effective is antidepressant medication?
Michael D. Banov, MDMichael D. Banov, MD
Most healthcare professionals would agree that treating depression is not as simple as popping a pil...
What conditions do antidepressants treat?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Antidepressants are Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved for treating major depression (i.e.,...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?