Can I take milnacipran if I'm breastfeeding?

Don't take milnacipran if you're nursing an infant unless your doctor say it's okay. There are no studies to indicate whether or not this medication or any of its byproducts pass into the breast milk of a nursing mother. However, studies show that this drug is present in the breast milk of nursing animals. The safety of milnacipran for an infant is unknown, so talk to your doctor about whether or not to continue taking this drug.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How do tricyclic antidepressants treat low back pain?
The tricyclic antidepressants amitriptyline (Elavil, Endep) and nortriptyline (Aventyl, Pamelor) are...
How does nortriptyline interact with other medications or foods?
If you are taking linezolid, you should not take nortriptyline. Do not use nortriptyline if you are...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?