Can I take desipramine if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?

Tell your doctor if you're pregnant, hope to become pregnant or breastfeeding. The drug hasn't been formally studied in pregnant women, therefore experts can't be certain that it does not pose a threat. Desipramine is not recommended for use during pregnancy unless the possible benefits outweigh the risks. Desipramine is found in the breast milk of nursing mothers.

It is not known whether it's safe to breastfeed an infant while taking desipramine. Talk to your doctor to weigh the risks and benefits of taking desipramine.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Should I Take Antidepressants If I Smoke?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?