Can I switch from another antidepressant to Pristiq?

If you are currently taking an antidepressant, you should talk to your doctor before switching to Pristiq. Making an abrupt change may lead to withdrawal symptoms. Instead, your doctor may reduce the dosage of the antidepressant you are currently taking until you start taking Pristiq. Talk to your doctor about the best way to transition from another antidepressant to Pristiq.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What are the side effects of nortriptyline?
Side effects may include drowsiness, lethargy, fatigue, weakness, dry mouth, eye and vision problems...
Should I take antidepressants if I smoke?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
Smokers who take antidepressants often have a lower risk of heart attacks. In this video, Dr. Ro...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?