Can I stop taking Pristiq when I feel better?

You should not stop taking Pristiq without talking to your doctor. Even if you feel better or your symptoms have been significantly reduced, stopping treatment may cause withdrawal symptoms. Your doctor may advise that you gradually cut back your dosage instead of abruptly stopping the medication. Talk to your doctor about the most effective way to stop taking Pristiq.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
Should I keep taking antidepressants after I start feeling better?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
If you’re taking antidepressant medications, continue to do so even when you feel that the depre...
How is duloxetine used to treat osteoarthritis?
Duloxetine (Cymbalta) is a drug that was developed to treat depression. It is also FDA-approved to t...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?