Can I stop taking Pristiq when I feel better?

You should not stop taking Pristiq without talking to your doctor. Even if you feel better or your symptoms have been significantly reduced, stopping treatment may cause withdrawal symptoms. Your doctor may advise that you gradually cut back your dosage instead of abruptly stopping the medication. Talk to your doctor about the most effective way to stop taking Pristiq.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How can antidepressants help a smoker quit?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
When used for smoking, these medications are not expected to change your emotions. While you are ...
What is a dual-action antidepressant?
A dual-action antidepressant, such as Effexor, is a depression medication that also treats physi...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?