Can I stop taking desvenlafaxine if I feel better?

If you're taking desvenlafaxine (Pristiq) to treat depression, don't stop taking it without talking to your doctor first, even if you're feeling better. Quitting cold-turkey can lead to withdrawal symptoms such as sweating, dizziness, headache, nausea, irritability, anxiety, fatigue, trouble falling asleep or staying asleep, diarrhea and unusual dreams. If your symptoms of depression improve and you feel you don't need to keep taking desvenlafaxine, the best way to do it is to wean off the drug gradually, with your doctor's guidance.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

what are the side effects of ssnris in people with multiple sclerosis ( ms ) ?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SSNRIs) include Effexor (venlafaxine) an...
what is nortriptyline ?
Nortriptyline (Pamelor) is an antidepressant that can help people quit smoking. But it has not been ...
what should i know before taking doxepin ?
It is not known if doxepin is safe or effective for children and teens under 18 years of age.  If y...
should my child take antidepressants for their eating disorder ?
Antidepressants have only been shown to be effective in treating depression associated with eating d...