If you take Pristiq, you may develop serotonin syndrome, a condition where your body stores too much serotonin. This condition occurs when you take Pristiq in addition to medicines such as lithium, St. John's Wort or some pain and migraine medicines. You can also get serotonin syndrome from taking illicit drugs and dietary supplements. Talk to your doctor about preventing serotonin syndrome, and discuss any other medications and supplements you are taking.
- Q Are there any risks in taking Pristiq?
- Q Can Pristiq cause changes in my blood pressure?
- Q Can I take Pristiq after an MAO inhibitor?
- Q Who should not take Pristiq?
- Q Can Pristiq cause my child to have suicidal thoughts?
- Q How does Pristiq interact with other medications or foods?