If you take Pristiq, you may develop serotonin syndrome, a condition where your body stores too much serotonin. This condition occurs when you take Pristiq in addition to medicines such as lithium, St. John's Wort or some pain and migraine medicines. You can also get serotonin syndrome from taking illicit drugs and dietary supplements. Talk to your doctor about preventing serotonin syndrome, and discuss any other medications and supplements you are taking.
- Q Can my child take Pristiq?
- Q How is desvenlafaxine (Pristiq) used?
- Q Will Pristiq cause behavioral changes?
- Q Can I stop taking Pristiq when I feel better?
- Q How soon after taking Pristiq will my symptoms improve?
- Q Can Pristiq cause a change in my blood salt level?