Can I drive while taking desvenlafaxine?

When you start taking the antidepressant desvenlafaxine (Pristiq), it's best not to drive (or operate heavy machinery) until you know how the medicine affects you. This drug can cause drowsiness and lightheadedness, which may affect your ability to respond quickly.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How safe are tricyclic antidepressants for people with dementia?
Sarah N. Mourra, MDSarah N. Mourra, MD
Tricyclic antidepressants are used as second-line medications for depression in people with dementia...
How often should I take antidepressants for perimenopausal rage?
Marcy Holmes, MSN, NPMarcy Holmes, MSN, NP
There are various types and doses of antidepressants available by prescription from medical health-c...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?