Can I drink while taking Pristiq?

If you are taking Pristiq, you should avoid drinking alcohol as much as you can. Alcohol may cause your symptoms to get worse. Also, your doctor may need to lower your dose of Pristiq if you drink alcohol regularly. Talk to your doctor about your drinking and how it may impact your treatment with Pristiq.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How is doxepin used to treat insomnia?
Doxepin is a drug usually used to treat depression. The version for treating insomnia (Silenor) is a...
What are disadvantages of antidepressants for bipolar disorder treatment?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
It cannot be stressed enough that the use of antidepressants in bipolar I can provoke manic episodes...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?