Can I drink alcohol while taking desvenlafaxine?

It's wise not to drink alcohol while taking desvenlafaxine (Pristiq). Doing so while taking this antidepressant may make side effects from the drug worse. Talk to your doctor for more details about drinking and desvenlafaxine.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How are antidepressant medications used to treat bipolar disorder?
International Bipolar FoundationInternational Bipolar Foundation
Antidepressants treat the symptoms of depression. In bipolar disorder, antidepressants must be u...
Should I keep taking antidepressants after I start feeling better?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
If you’re taking antidepressant medications, continue to do so even when you feel that the depre...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?