Can I drink alcohol if I take milnacipran?

No. Alcohol may harm the liver, and studies suggest that taking milnacipran may worsen liver damage. Ask your doctor if it's safe for you to drink alcoholic beverages such as wine, beer or liquor if you take milnacipran. Also, be sure to discuss your past and current use of alcohol before taking milnacipran.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How effective is antidepressant medication?
Michael D. Banov, MDMichael D. Banov, MD
Most healthcare professionals would agree that treating depression is not as simple as popping a pil...
How effective is duloxetine for treating osteoarthritis?
Research on duloxetine has found it to be about as effective as NSAIDs for improving pain and functi...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?