Can I drink alcohol if I take milnacipran?

No. Alcohol may harm the liver, and studies suggest that taking milnacipran may worsen liver damage. Ask your doctor if it's safe for you to drink alcoholic beverages such as wine, beer or liquor if you take milnacipran. Also, be sure to discuss your past and current use of alcohol before taking milnacipran.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What are the side effects of nortriptyline?
Side effects may include drowsiness, lethargy, fatigue, weakness, dry mouth, eye and vision problems...
Which common foods and drugs can interact dangerously with antidepressants?
The following information will provide the most common and easily avoided sources of adverse dru...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?