What should I avoid while taking citalopram?

Citalopram has the ability to cause drowsiness and hinder reaction time. If you drive regularly or keep a schedule that demands you remain alert most of the day, talk with your doctor about whether it is safe for you to continue as normal while taking citalopram. For the same reasons, it would be dangerous to take any other forms of medication that could make you tired while taking citalopram.

If you are taking citalopram, you should avoid alcohol, since it can greatly increase the likelihood of side effects. Citalopram can also be dangerous to a developing fetus, so it would be unwise to become pregnant while taking it.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
Should I Take Antidepressants If I Smoke?