What should I avoid while taking Pristiq?

A common side effect of Pristiq is drowsiness, and the combined effect of alcohol and Pristiq can be dangerous. Many medications interact with Pristiq in a negative way, so avoid over-the-counter medications that cause drowsiness while taking Pristiq. The herbal supplement St. John's Wort should also be avoided while taking Pristiq. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant or are breastfeeding. Pristiq could harm the developing fetus and it is found to be excreted in breastmilk.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What antidepressants help treat gastrointestinal (GI) disorders?
Lawrence S. Friedman, MDLawrence S. Friedman, MD
Three groups of antidepressant medications can be used to treat functional gastrointestinal (GI) dis...
How can I stop taking antidepressant medications safely?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
Antidepressant medications need to be tapered and should only be done with consultation of your doct...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?