How soon after taking mirtazapine will my symptoms improve?

It may take several weeks or even more for your symptoms to improve while taking mirtazapine. Continue taking the medication even after your symptoms begin to improve. Talk to your doctor before discontinuing mirtazapine, as it can be dangerous to your body to suddenly stop this medication without your doctor's guidance.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What should I know before taking serotonin reuptake inhibitors?
If you take an SRI, you should avoid alcohol. It is not known if all SRIs are safe or effective for...
How do antidepressant medications affect weight?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
This depends mostly on what medication is being used, but it also varies a great deal from one perso...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?