How soon after taking Cymbalta will my symptoms improve?

It could take from one to four weeks or longer before you feel the full effects of Cymbalta in improving your symptoms. Even if you feel better or well, you should continue to take Cymbalta. Remember that your doctor prescribes Cymbalta as a way to help control your symptoms, but taking Cymbalta will not cure your illness. Never stop taking this medication without first talking to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How effective is antidepressant medication?
Michael D. Banov, MDMichael D. Banov, MD
Most healthcare professionals would agree that treating depression is not as simple as popping a pil...
How can I choose an antidepressant?
The best way to decide on which antidepressant to take is by educating yourself about what options a...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?