How soon after taking Effexor XR will my symptoms improve?

It may take four or more weeks of taking Effexor XR before you see an improvement in your symptoms. Most individuals will take this medication for six months or longer, even if they have improved, to help prevent the return of symptoms. Do not stop taking Effexor XR without talking to your doctor. Keep regular appointments with your doctor and report any troubling side effects in order to get the most benefit from Effexor XR.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
Can children take antidepressants?
Children with depression can take certain antidepressants. But the drugs should be prescribed by...
How can I stop taking antidepressant medications safely?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
Antidepressant medications need to be tapered and should only be done with consultation of your doct...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?