Will Depakene make me gain weight?

You might gain weight while taking Depakene however, you may be more likely to lose a few pounds. For reasons that are not fully understood, Depakene causes some people to lose their appetites. Meanwhile, others notice that they feel hungrier. Some people taking Depakene develop swollen faces, which is caused by fluid buildup. If that happens to you, call your doctor.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

What should I know before taking an anticonvulsant for migraines?
Dr. David C. Fiore, MDDr. David C. Fiore, MD
Before starting an anticonvulsant for migraines, it is important to discuss the pros and cons with y...
How does Topamax (topiramate) treat migraines?
Dr. Steven A. Meyers, MDDr. Steven A. Meyers, MD
No medication works for everybody, and it is not unusual to have to try several medications before y...
What are side effects of using anticonvulsants for bipolar?
Anticonvulsants, like most medications carry a variety of side effects including gastrointestinal an...
What tests are required before taking anticonvulsants?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Pretreatment laboratory tests are required for the anticonvulsants Depakote, Tegretol, and Trile...