Who should take phenytoin?

You may be prescribed phenytoin if you have seizures or if you have experienced a seizure while you were having surgery on your brain or nervous system. Phenytoin is also prescribed to correct an irregular heartbeat. Before taking this medication, make sure that you inform your doctor of any current illnesses in order to avoid further health problems.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

What is gabapentin?
Gabapentin (Gralise, Horizant, Neurontin) is a drug that was developed to treat epilepsy. It is also...
What should I know before taking gabapentin?
Gabapentin may not be a good option for women who are pregnant, considering pregnancy, or who may be...
What are side effects of using anticonvulsants for bipolar?
Anticonvulsants, like most medications carry a variety of side effects including gastrointestinal an...
What should I know before taking an anticonvulsant for migraines?
Dr. David C. Fiore, MDDr. David C. Fiore, MD
Before starting an anticonvulsant for migraines, it is important to discuss the pros and cons with y...